Broom oil is derived from the root of butcher’s broom, a wild invasive plant that is also used for ornamental purposes. Broom oil is utilized for treating:
- Varicose veins, leg swelling or lymphedema, leg cramps;
- Chronic venous insufficiency;
- Hardening of the arteries, and other circulatory disorders;
- Itching, swelling;
- Fractures and general inflammation.
- Prevent cancer;
- Maintain healthy skin and hair;
- Reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease;
- Lower cholesterol levels and high blood pressure;
- Boost the immune system;
- Treat ulcerative colitis;
- Relieve arthritis;
- Provide relief from toothache and deal with halitosis (bad breath).
Broom oil is also used as an anti-inflammatory, astringent, vasoconstrictor, laxative and diuretic.
Pro tips: Add 1-2 drops of broom oil to your eye cream and apply to upper and lower eyelids to help get rid of dark circles around your eyes.