This essential oil comes from the wood chippings and bark of the cabreuva tree, which primarily grows in South America. Cabreuva oil has both antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties as well as anti-cancer agents. Before nerolidol was synthetically produced, this essential oil was being used for its production.
Cabreuva oil is used to treat:
- Wounds, cuts, scars;
- Acne, blemishes;
- Infection, rashes;
- Dry skin, cracked skin, skin ulcers;
- Improper ovulation of the ovaries;
- Enlarged prostate, testicular problems;
- Imbalanced pituitary glands;
- Pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis, and muscle tension; and,
- Irregular breathing, nasal congestion, asthma and other respiratory problems.
The warm and woody scent of cabreuva oil is also perfect for men’s perfume and men’s massage oils.
Pro tips: Use cabreuva oil as a massage oil as it has been found to penetrate easily into skin unlike other essential oils.