Calamus oil is an essential oil that is popularly used in Ayurvedic medicine to treat digestive problems. Calamus oil:
- helps relieve rheumatic and arthritic pain;
- Stimulates blood circulation;
- Reduces panic attacks;
- Epileptic fits and neurotic disorders;
- Treats headaches and migraines;
- Boosts the metabolism;
- Stimulates secretion of hormones; and,
- Prevents internal and external infections.
This essential oil has a sweet and uplifting scent similar to that of cinnamon oil. Diffusing calamus oil into the air can help:
- Increase mental focus and awareness;
- Improve memory;
- Reduce stress;
- Ease dizziness;
- Fatigue and tension; as well as,
- Foster positive feelings and uplift dampened spirits.
Respiratory problems like bronchitis, pneumonia, phlegm and congestion can also be treated with calamus oil.
Pro tips: To ease the effects of nerve pain (neuralgia), add 2-3 drops of calamus oil to a base oil and massage it on the affected area.