Caraway oil is derived from caraway, a strongly aromatic plant that is widely used as a spice in parts of Europe. It has a lot of health benefits including, but not limited to:
- Providing relief from menstrual problems and symptoms of menopause;
- Reducing the risk of heart disease;
- Curing allergies;
- Colorectal infections;
- Problems with the respiratory, digestive and excretory systems;
- Killing intestinal worms and parasites;
- Relieving anxiety, stress, depression and fatigue;
- Regulating normal urination; and,
- Protecting the body’s internal organs from infection.
Caraway oil helps in weight loss, in killing fungi and bacteria, and in improving local blood flow. It is also effective in relieving menstrual cramps and discomfort as well as in increasing the flow of milk among nursing mothers.
Pro tips: Massage diluted caraway oil on your stomach area and the reflex points for the respiratory and digestive systems to help manage respiratory and digestive problems.